Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another great one passed on...

James Doohan, who portrayed Montgomery “Scotty” Scott, from the original Star Trek series recently passed away. I didn’t find out until I decided to look up info for an episode of Voyager I taped, found out about the memorial service being held in New Mexico, on one of my two favorite sites to look up Trek information. I’m always caught unawares when I find out one of my favorite old actors has passed on, and it saddens me when I know there won’t be many like them in the future. It also takes their deaths apparently for me to learn more about them; Doohan was originally Canadian, served in the military forces during WW II, and lost a finger during said war. He died July 20, 2005 at the age of 85, and this later memorial service is for the fans he accumulated over the years.

No comments: