Friday, April 13, 2007

Book Review 01: Barbara Michaels

The latest book I just finished reading is by an old-time favorite author of mine, Barbara Michaels. The first book I read written by her was The Dancing Floor, and I at least reread it a handful of times in the last few years. Under this pseudo name she writes mostly gothic/historical romances sometimes with a touch of horror; the book I just finished, Ammie Come Home, which won’t top my all time favorite by her but it definitely charmed me! From most of the books I’ve been reading I came to a personal realization after reading this book; Irishmen are hot!!! Okay, I already thought they were attractive but I think it would be totally ideal to get romantically involved with an Irishman. They’re just so passionate, masculine, and…. I just got sooooo off track! Barbara Mertz a.k.a. Barbara Michaels and most likely known under the pseudo name Elizabeth Peters which she has written some popular sci-fi/ fantasy series which she’s still continuing in her 80’s! She earned a PhD in Egyptology so she’s very familiar with history, and has a natural talent to spin stories filled with characters that have moved me to tears of joy and sadness. My second favorite book by Barbara Michaels would be A Stitch in Time, and I’ve read at least four other titles that equally made me want to get swept off my feet!

No comments: